Thursday 24 July 2014

Summer Skin Saviours

Hello all! So the last couple of days in Aberdeen have been scorching! Its actually been sweltering boarding on impossible to sleep at night the last few days/nights in Aberdeen, and when I haven't been stuck in work I have been attempting to lap every inch of sun rays that I can!
Obviously to try and refrain from burning and protecting my skin from the rays that cause the wrinkles there have been a few affordable easy to use products  I have been incorporating into my beauty routine which I would like to share with you guys.

The first product I would like to share with you all is the Boots Simply Sensitive Day Moisturiser SPF15. I love this product as it literally does as it says on the tin, its simple to use doesn't irritate skin especially around the eye area and it gives me confidence that my skin is being  protected during the day from harmful UV rays due its SPF15 properties.I find the sunblock factor to this moisturiser so handy especially during the summer as usually I wear a foundation that has SPF in it anyway however on hot days I find that using a light moisturiser and a little concealer or powder instead of a heavy foundation is so much easier as you don't feel like you are just sweating off your make-up in the daytime heat, but with SPF moisturiser you are still getting the protection you need without having to wear an SPF foundation or actual heavy sun cream which I find just sits on my face and can leave a greasy like residue.

My second skin saviour that I wear religiously every day is the Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream. Wearing eye cream for me has only been a very recent development in my beauty regime but I picked this one up in Boots and it was so affordable I thought I would give it a try. Being only 21 wrinkles and bags aren't something that I really have to worry about too much but I found applying this super hydrating eye cream just made your eyes appear so much brighter and the skin around the eye so soft and luminous. I just feel that it wakens up tired looking eyes and if you are being exposed to sunshine on a daily basis it can strain your eyes so I find this cream just a lovely added treat to them to help feel more soothed and hydrated in the morning.

My last skin saviour that I am wearing daily is the Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Ultra Moisturising Tinted Lip Balm in Dark Chocolate & Cherry with SPF15. This stuff is actually incredible. It is so super moisturising which I find amazing especially in the summer months when lips can get quite dry. The fact it has SPF I also find such a win as lips are something not many people actually consider protecting from UV rays however no one really would ever want burnt lips! The fact that this is tinted too is just lovely as it adds a lovely cherry pink colour to your lips that is hydrating, protecting and casual which is just great for the daytime.

I'm not a massive mixing facial products person as I do feel if you overuse a lot of different products on your skin it can just cause break outs. However I do feel that you are born with the one face that will live your life and show all of your experiences. You will live with your face for the rest of your life so protect it, keep it hydrated and protected from harmful suns rays. The younger you are and start looking after your skin I feel the better it will age. That may not be strictly true but its just how I feel personally :)

Are there any steps or other products you guys can recommend to keep your skin looking hydrated and protected? Let me know in the comments! I hope you all enjoyed this post and I will link the links below to the products mentioned :)

Simply Sensitive Day Moisturiser - http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Simply-Sensitive-Day-Moisturiser-SPF15-125ml_1189241/
Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream - http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Simply-Sensitive-Hydrating-Eye-Cream-15ml_1189237/
Palmers Cocoa Butter Lip Balm in Dark Chocolate & Cherry - http://www.boots.com/en/Palmers-Cocoa-Butter-Formula-Ultra-Moisturizing-Tinted-Lip-Balm-Dark-Chocolate-Cherry-SPF-15-4g_1454190/


X.O
JF Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment